Delvee Family Association
The Descendants of Peter and Lucy (Town) Delva meeting together since 1886
First Name:  Last Name: 
[Advanced Search]  [Surnames]

Photos


Matches 501 to 550 of 568     » Thumbnails Only    » Slide Show

    «Prev «1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next»

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
501
Sen. Robert D. Wetmore
Sen. Robert D. Wetmore
 
 
502
SFC Jack S. Thompson
SFC Jack S. Thompson
 
 
503
Shannon E. Roy - 2010
Shannon E. Roy - 2010
 
 
504
Shannon Elizabeth Roy - 2008
Shannon Elizabeth Roy - 2008
 
 
505
Shirley (Woodman) and Harry Buell
Shirley (Woodman) and Harry Buell
 
 
506
Shirley Burke
Shirley Burke
 
 
507
Shirley's High School Photo
Shirley's High School Photo
 
 
508
Sidney and Virginia Moore
Sidney and Virginia Moore at their daughter, Bonnie's, wedding in 1968
(At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.) 
 
509
Sidney Moore Jr
Sidney Moore Jr
Sidney Moore Jr. in 1962 
 
510
Solomon Reed Mansion.
Solomon Reed Mansion.
This home built by Solomon Reed in 1787 was home to Rosamond Coolidge from 1952 to her death. 
 
511
Sonny Larson in the 4th Grade
Sonny Larson in the 4th Grade
 
 
512
SS California
SS California
 
 
513
SS Cephalonia
SS Cephalonia
She was launched in 1882 as part of the Cunard Line. From 1899-1900 Boer War troopship, and was scrapped in 1901 
 
514
SS Uruguay
SS Uruguay
SS California was the World's first major ocean liner built with turbo-electric transmission.[9] When launched in 1927 she was also the largest merchant ship yet built in the USA,[10] although she was a modest size compared with the biggest European liners of her era.

In 1938 California was renamed SS Uruguay. From 1942 to 1946 she was operated through agents by the War Shipping Administration as the troopship Uruguay. She was returned to civilian service as SS Uruguay in 1948, laid up in 1954 and scrapped in 1964.  
 
515
St Barnabas Church Wellingborough
St Barnabas Church Wellingborough
The church of St. Barnabas, at the west end of Wellingborough, was erected in 1893 as a chapel of ease to the parish church. It is built of red brick with Bath stone dressings in the style of the 14th and 15th centuries and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, vestry, and south porch.  
 
516
St John the Evangelist Church, Stoke next Guilford, Surrey, England
St John the Evangelist Church, Stoke next Guilford, Surrey, England
St John the Evangelist, Stoke-next-Guildford, a 20 minute brisk walk out northwards from the centre of Guildford, makes an interesting visit for its its ambience and its monuments – a goodly number of panels from the plainest through to several with good sculptural decoration.

The Church itself is mostly Victorian, with a few earlier features, and the tower being largely of the 15th Century. It is this tower, square, rather squat, and battlemented, which forms the main feature of the exterior, the rest being the rather plain walls, windows and roofs of the broad nave and aisles. Having said which, the Victorian coating of flint and large stones and the buttressing give a unity to the Church, and its site within its large churchyard is fine.

Inside there is an exposed-beam roof, low pillars, some ancient, supporting arches separating off the aisles, and a sense of several explorable spaces rather than just one (see an example above right) – and all those monuments on the walls, our interest here. In all, the Church contains over 30 wall monuments, with several from the early 18th Century, the majority from the 19th Century, and a few into the 20th Century. Most are shaped white marble panels, or the white-marble-on-black panels popular from the 1780s through to early Victorian times, but among them are four with figure sculpture, and a couple of good portraits in high relief. Also some variety of minor carving exemplifying a range of the types of panel of this period. A good number of the panels are signed by the sculptors or stonemasons who made them, which is always interesting, and we can find works by important sculptors – John Flaxman, John Bacon Junior, and E.H. Baily, and by less familiar names including Charles Regnart and C.H. Smith, as well as simpler works by a local man, J. Smart of Guildford, by the prolific Gaffin of Regent Street, and others.  
 
517
Stephanie Dean in April 2004
Stephanie Dean in April 2004
 
 
518
Stephen Ballou - 1999
Stephen Ballou - 1999
Stephen R. Ballou at the 1999 Delvee Reunion 
 
519
Stephen P. Johnson
Stephen P. Johnson
 
 
520
Sunny and Kyle Peterson at their Wedding in 2003
Sunny and Kyle Peterson at their Wedding in 2003
 
 
521
Sunny Boardman
Sunny Boardman
 
 
522
Susan and Ricki Smith
Susan and Ricki Smith
 
 
523
Susan Warren Smith
Susan Warren Smith
 
 
524
Susan Willman in 2000; 2000 age 84
Susan Willman in 2000; 2000 age 84
 
 
525
Suzanne Gillis
Suzanne Gillis
 
 
526
Suzanne P. Johns
Suzanne P. Johns
 
 
527
Sylvia (Sault) Ballou
Sylvia (Sault) Ballou
 
 
528
Tara Lynne Larson in 1999
Tara Lynne Larson in 1999
Tara was an 8th grader in 1999. She was a pro at bowling and lived at the bowling alley. She was also a basketball player Tara was 4ft. 9in. tall in 1999. 
 
529
Technical Sargent Clifford R. Curry
Technical Sargent Clifford R. Curry
 
 
530
The Johnson Family
The Johnson Family
Daisy, Chester, Bessie, and Fred 
 
531
The Rev. Betsey Crimmins
The Rev. Betsey Crimmins
 
 
532
The Rev. Peter B. McKay
The Rev. Peter B. McKay
 
 
533
The Rev. Robert Wayne Cooke
The Rev. Robert Wayne Cooke
 
 
534
The SS <i>Paris</i>
The SS Paris
Wikipedia Article on the SS Paris  
 
535
Thelma French
Thelma French
 
 
536
Theodore and Thelma (French) Miller
Theodore and Thelma (French) Miller
 
 
537
Theodore Ellery Kingsbury
Theodore Ellery Kingsbury
 
 
538
Thomas H. Ward
Thomas H. Ward
 
 
539
Thomas L. Pratt
Thomas L. Pratt
 
 
540
Thomas Moore
Thomas Moore
 
 
541
Three Generations
Three Generations
Melva Willman Jeralds (mom)
Emma Belle Boardman Slagle (Great Grandma)
Susan Lavina Slagle Willman (Grandma) 
 
542
Togus National Asylum For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers
Togus National Asylum For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers
The National Asylum for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers was established on March 3, 1865, in the United States by Congress to provide care for volunteer soldiers who had been disabled through loss of limb, wounds, disease, or injury during service in the Union forces in the American Civil War. Initially, the Asylum, later called the Home, was planned to have three branches: in the Northeast, in the central area north of the Ohio River, and in what was then considered the Northwest, the present upper Midwest.

The Board of Managers, charged with governance of the Home, added seven more branches between 1870 and 1907 as broader eligibility requirements allowed more veterans to apply for admission. The effects of World War I, which resulted in a new veteran population of over five million men and women, brought dramatic changes to the National Home and all other governmental agencies responsible for veterans' benefits. In 1930 the Veterans Administration was established, to consolidate all veterans' programs into a single Federal agency. The several wars since then in the 20th and 21st centuries have resulted in more veterans needing services.  
 
543
Tracy L. (Smith) Scarborough
Tracy L. (Smith) Scarborough
 
 
544
Travis and Jen Hanke
Travis and Jen Hanke
 
 
545
Travis Hanke in 1993
Travis Hanke in 1993
 
 
546
Tyler Dean Larson in 1999
Tyler was in his Freshman year. He played baseball and football. He was 6ft. tall.
(At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.) 
 
547
USS Leonard Wood (APA-12)
USS Leonard Wood (APA-12)
USS Leonard Wood (APA-12) was built by Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corporation and launched 17 September 1921 at Sparrows Point, Maryland as Nutmeg State, an Emergency Fleet Corporation Design 1029 ship intended as a World War I troop transport, but redesigned upon the armistice as a passenger and cargo ship and completed as Western World for delivery to the United States Shipping Board. The ship's acceptance on 5 May 1922[2] and delivery on 9 May 1922 marked the completion of the wartime shipbuilding program of the Emergency Fleet Corporation and the Shipping Board.

After years in commercial service on Munson Steamship Line's South American service, Western World was purchased by the War Department in 1939, converted into a transport, and renamed to serve as USAT Leonard Wood until transfer to the Navy on 3 June 1941. The ship was commissioned, classified as a transport with hull number AP-25, USS Leonard Wood with a United States Coast Guard crew on 10 June 1941. During World War II, the ship was converted into an attack transport during March 1942 and reclassified APA-12 (Harris-class). The ship was decommissioned 22 March 1946 and was sold for scrap 20 January 1948.  
 
548
USS Mississippi (BB-41)
USS Mississippi (BB-41)
Link to information on the battleship Mississippi:USS Mississippi (BB-41)  
 
549
Violet M. (Dill) Anderson
Violet M. (Dill) Anderson
 
 
550
Virgil J. Duguay
Virgil J. Duguay
 
 

    «Prev «1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next»